A note on transcripts

You may be wondering where the transcripts have gone. We've moved them to a separate blog, FWCC Triennial Transcripts, while we work on a way of making them easier to read- many of them are several thousand words long!

We will make a new post here for each transcript, with a summary and a link to the full text on the other blog.

Best wishes

Triennial blog team

Friday 17 August 2007

Worship and Sharing Groups

Each day at the Triennial we've been meeting in groups of about 12-15 people for Worship and Sharing Groups. At many past international Friends events this has been the highlight of the gathering for many and I think that is holding true this time as well.

In my group we did a very interesting exercise. We were invited to make two concentric circles and face a partner in the other circle. The faciliator gave us the question "From where do you receive meaning and power in your life?". I had to listen first for one minute while my partner answered the question. Then the outside circle took one step to the right so I faced a new partner and got to listen to another Friend share their one minute testimony on the same question. So it continued until I had heard 6 Friends stories.

Next it was my turn to listen. I had to answer the same question, again one minute each with 6 Friends in turn. I really liked being able to hear the various answers people gave, the language they used and the honesty with which they talked to me. I also appreciated the chance to consider my own answer 6 times! I hope my answer got clearer and more focused as I continued to think of it through the exercise.

I hope this gives you a flavour of the priviledged position we are in to be able to be hear and discuss with people from all over the world their journeys with and experiences of God. I won't forget the people I have been in this small group with, each one of them with great stories to tell that challenge us, touch our hearts but also bring us joy and laughter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So what did you say, Aidan???

It's good to "hear" your voice, and see you play ping-pong. =)

Welcome!

Our hope is that this blog will be a place of dialogue and sharing, enhancing the exchanges which happen at the FWCC World Triennial this summer.

While the event is running, participants at the Triennial will be sharing their experiences and reflections. This will allow Friends and others to join in the Triennial experience.

In the meantime, participants can start the Triennial process before they get to Dublin, by joining in the dialogue on the study booklet (PDF, 212kb)